Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I heart...summer in the City

Note: Blogger was down for a couple of days, so my blogging life got a bit behind...
I do not like winter in St. Louis. To me, it is really not winter at all. There is too much rain, not enough snow. It doesn't get cold enough, and there is way too much ice. (Seriously, why so much ice?)



It's the middle of May and the oppressive heat started last week. Tuesday and Wednesday were almost. Now I'm not a big fan of heat or humidity, but they are a fact of life in the Midwest in the summer.


What I do love about summer in St. Louis is everything that comes with it- Outdoor concerts, farmers' markets, sitting in the backyard with an ice cold Schlafly Summer Lager (both you and the beer sweating profusely), flowers blooming everywhere, having a legitimate excuse to be lazy.

My absolute favorite thing to do in the summer is to go to one of the many bars or restaurants with outside seating and eat or drink (or both) slowly and watch people go by. I was really sad when one of my favorite places, Riddle's Penultimate, closed last year, but Three Kings Public House just opened in it's place and I'm hoping it will still be fantastic. I know the people watching will continue to be great!


The sun, and the eventual heat that comes with it, are especially welcome after the last several weeks of rain and clouds. Tonight I have to mow my postage stamp yard because it is starting to look a little out of sorts, but it will be nice to spend some time outside!

2 comments:

  1. Blogger was making me so angry last week! Also-- is blogger to blame for deleting all of my previous comments? Or do you not want comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Blogger was to blame for the missing comments. I don't know where they went, which I do not heart.
    Also, it deleted a draft which I will have to start over on. Boo.

    ReplyDelete